nanog mailing list archives

Re: Chinese bgp metering story

From: Jorge Amodio <jmamodio () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:01:54 -0600

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Fred Baker <fred () cisco com> wrote:

On Dec 18, 2009, at 12:43 PM, Jorge Amodio wrote:

And don't be so hard on the ITU folks, the only thing they want to break
is the monopoly of IP address allocation.

With all due respect, they don't want to break said monopoly, assuming one
agrees that it is a monopoly (I think there's a lot more to the story than
that, but that's another discussion). They want to *be* said monopoly.

Indeed !!! I was being sarcastic, I was watching live the last IGF
meeting when by proxy ICANN's CEO got grilled with the question about
IPv6 address allocation.

Jorge