nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is it time to abandon bogon prefix filters?

From: Justin Shore <justin () justinshore com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 10:52:36 -0500

Randy Bush wrote:
serious curiosity:

what is the proportion of bad stuff coming from unallocated space vs
allocated space?  real measurements, please.  and are there longitudinal
data on this?

are the uw folk, gatech, vern, ... measuring?

I still have 2 of my borders using an inbound ACL to filter BOGONs vs null routes. For the ACLs I've broken down the BOGONs to nothing larger than a /8. I see a number of hits on those entries, especially on 94/8. and 0/8. While some of the other hits are accidental I'm sure, I would seriously doubt if those 2 /8s are.

Justin