nanog mailing list archives

Re: ICANN at risk

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () verizonbusiness com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 16:35:22 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

On 7/4/06, Christopher L. Morrow <christopher.morrow () verizonbusiness com> wrote:
note the notes already sent in:
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/dnstransition.html

note the multiple copies of email-only carbon-copy submissions? :( Not
that I happen to disagree very much with the carbon copies, but it seems a
little obviously a copy/paste job :(

Milton Mueller was encouraging people to astroturf the NTIA and
they're doing it.
http://www.circleid.com/posts/send_a_message_to_ntia/

Sad that moveon.org style "tactics" like this should be used to make
what is otherwise fairly sane and reasoned commentary.

one man's thoughts spewed by the multitudes :( I do hope that, again
despite the fact that I support a 'not us govt agency incharge' and the
closest we have is ICANN (despite it having some warts), the DOC/NTIA
spends some time reviewing the results and does something sane with the
mass-entries such as these.

-Chris