nanog mailing list archives

Re: a radical proposal (Re: protocols that don't meet the need...)

From: "John A. Kilpatrick" <john () hypergeek net>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:51:16 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Edward B. DREGER wrote:

Stop.  Examine.  Think.  Then respond.

[...]

Coop ASNs/IP save ASNs and aggregate routes.  Full stop.

Maybe I missed it, but is there something in your solution that keeps dual-homed leaves from having to renumber when changing ISPs? In your concept, is there some "ownership" of the address space on the part of the customer? I know that being able to swing to a new provider (due one of a hundred reasons, including Layer 8 manangement decisions) without having to renumber or suffer significant downtime is one of the things that makes dual-homing appealing.

--
                               John A. Kilpatrick
john () hypergeek net                Email|     http://www.hypergeek.net/