nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 news

From: Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:10:59 -0500

Once upon a time, Daniel Roesen <dr () cluenet de> said:
On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 10:21:58PM -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
For some equipment, it still works out to "forklift your network".
For example, our current dialup gear doesn't support IPv6 (and AFAIK
no upgrades are available or planned to add it).

How does that hinder your backbone, leased line access and hosting
deployment?

Let's say we've passed the day when we can no longer get IPv4 address
space (that's what started this thread) and we bring up a new hosting
customer who is also local and has a dialup account.  The hosting site
gets an IPv6 address; how will the customer access it?

--
Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>