nanog mailing list archives

Re: T1 vs. T2 [WAS: Apology: [Tier-2 reachability and multihoming]]

From: "Stephen J. Wilcox" <steve () telecomplete co uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:08:37 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 02:23:06AM +0100, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

701 is not the most connected, it has only customers and a restrictive
set of peers?

Ok, I'm just bored enough to bite.

but not as bored as bill, randy or patrick it would seem :)

If we're talking about a contest to see who has the most number of directly
connected ASNs, I think UU might still win, even with a restrictive set of
peers.

I didnt think we were, kinda happened.. if peering partners is a compensation
for something else its pretty sad ;)

Maybe I'm wrong, i checked with renesys and their data has 701 with 5200
adjacencies followed by 1239 with 3500 anyway i care enough to have snipped the
data.

Which begs the question, what is the largest number of ASNs that someone peers
with? Patrick? :) Somehow I suspect that 701's customer base (702 and 703
aren't included in the above count BTW) overpower even the most aggressively
open of peering policies, in this particular random pointless and arbitrary
contest at any rate.

so what are we debating again? :)

Steve