nanog mailing list archives

Re: ISP phishing

From: Brad Knowles <brad () stop mail-abuse org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:47:32 +0200

At 12:20 PM +0000 2005-06-29, Peter Corlett wrote:

 Sure Alice has control. Last week, I told my ISP where to stick their
 shoddy service and took my business elsewhere.

You're assuming that there are always alternatives available for the entire world population. While there may usually be alternatives available in the most advanced western societies, you would be surprised at the types of places where you would think that there have to be alternatives, but in fact there aren't any.

The solution that may work reasonably well for NYC or LA is not necessarily going to be applicable to the rest of the world.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad () stop mail-abuse org>

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755