nanog mailing list archives

Re: European Nanog?

From: Arnold Nipper <arnold () nipper de>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:42:28 +0200

On 13.09.2004 13:27 william(at)elan.net wrote:

I'm not so certain about RIPE NCC to RIPE relationship though, I suspect
that RIPE NCC is a subset (RIR services or) larger RIPE organization that
is involved in other activities, i.e. RIPE NCC < RIPE

No, that's not true. There is no order function for EOF, RIPE and RIPE
NCC. While EOF has a RIPE WG status it is not a RIPE WG (this was at
least my understanding). And the only relation between RIPE and RIPE NCC
is that RIPE NCC is "provid(es)ing administrative support for RIPE".

But of course, overall funding for RIPE still comes from RIPE NCC, so
while other activities of RIPE are not necessarilty parts of RIPE NCC
they are still funded by it :)

There is no overall funding for RIPE. For what? Meeting costs and the
like are paid for by the meeting participants.

Arnold