nanog mailing list archives

Re: Unflattering comments about ISPs and DDOS

From: Dan Hollis <goemon () anime net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:12:19 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
      "Based on my conversations last week, Comcast's network engineers
      would like to be more aggressive. But the marketing department
      shot down a ban on port 25 because of its circa $58 million price
      tag--so high partially because some subscribers would have to be
      told how to reconfigure their mail programs to point at Comcast's
      servers, and each phone call to the help desk costs $9."

Thats quite ok, if theyre unwilling to filter port 25 on their end, we
are more than happy to filter port 25 on our end. Many have already done
this.

-Dan