nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent service

From: David Schwartz <davids () webmaster com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:25:29 -0700

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:35:48 +0300 (IDT), Arie Vayner wrote:

Does anyone have any comments (good or bad) about Cognet as a transit
provider in New York?
They seem to be too cheap.

Arie

        We use them. They work, they're reliable, they keep their promises, and
their NOC is incredibly responsive during denial of service attacks or other
problems.

        My only complaint is that if you need anything customized at all, they just
won't do it. They script and standardize everything. At one point, we needed
one slight configuration change to a machine colocated at our office that
wouldn't affect anyone but us. They admitted we needed it and couldn't get
the affect any other way, but just couldn't do it. "That's not the product we
offer."

        DS