nanog mailing list archives

Re: Interconnects

From: Mitch Halmu <mitch () netside net>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 14:54:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 17 May 2002 Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

On Fri, 17 May 2002 18:46:15 BST, "Stephen J. Wilcox" said:
The question related to places where network interconnect, not who's
friends with who this week.

(Note - I'm assuming here the news story is factual.  If not, that's
a whole different spin on things...)

Last two official MFNXE press releases confirm the article is factual:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/020515/new049_1.html
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/020423/nytu220_1.html

Well... missing a $32M payment *does* say something about whether they
will or will not be around to interconnect with.  Although Mitch has
a reputation around here, he *is* on the mark this time - when the "time
to Chapter 11" may be less than "time to deliver circuits to get to there",
you may want to investigate ordering circuits to connect elsewhere....

Exactly my point. What do friends-or-not have to do with business, Wilcox?

--Mitch
NetSide