nanog mailing list archives

Re: Interconnects

From: alex () yuriev com
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 13:31:38 -0400 (EDT)

There's been rumors of NYIIX and PAIX-NY linking up like SIX and
PAIX-seattle.

It's not a rumour.  PAIX is interconnecting with NYIIX as soon as the
fiber engineering people say that the photons will travel end to end.

Will PAIX be around as an entity capable of providing any services in 3
month?

Which is why I was surprised that Paul offered PAIX-seattle connectivity
for a $300 one-time charge for those who are already connected to SIX.

We aren't silly, and since it would be silly to fail to recognize that some
peers want/need different service levels than others, we recognized it and
are acting on it.

When a company makes such business decisions, would this company be around
to make that $300 one time charge worth more than a dinner at Sagami in next
3 month?

Alex