nanog mailing list archives

Re: ** ANNOUNCE -- New RADB Fee Structure **

From: David Kessens <david () qwest com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 17:12:05 -0600

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 08:23:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Cappuccio <chris () dqc org>
Sender: owner-nanog () merit edu

Merit will mirror your registry if you setup one of the radb-type
daemons.  They will do this at no charge.  Offer free services to your
downstream.  Or, maybe Qwest will start doing this, ask one of the tech
people!

Sounds like something to ask Qwest about.

I will get a proposal to our management to address this issue as soon
as possible.

I have an idea that Qwest
has someone who is familiar with the care and feeding of routing
registries and they already support the only IPv6 registry that I know
of.

That is correct. In fact, one of the RPSL compatible databases was
written by me.

On an additonal note: ARIN recently setup an RPSL compatible IRR
registry which might look like a very attractive alternative for those
people that are currently using the RADB ...

David K.
---