nanog mailing list archives

Re: ** ANNOUNCE -- New RADB Fee Structure **

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian () ip versatel net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 18:55:44 +0200

On Tue, Oct 26, 1999, Alex P. Rudnev wrote:

Right.  In going over my Qwest contract I signed last week, it's required
that I have maintainer objects in the RADB in order to get my BGP
announcements listened to by Qwest since they build their filters out of
it.  I had no problem with that on Friday when I signed, but upon hearing
that unpaid objects would be removed, I'm a bit worried now.  If Merit can

Hmm, do you remember all mistakes done in the domain data base? If someone
lost your domain, you can at least look on the WWW page or sent a mail; if
someone lost your routing, you can turn off all your equipment and go
fishing /and you can close your business/. And remember, we are going to
the VoIP telephony - in some cases you even can not call them...

No, any attempt to remove route objects (not the maintaners) due to some
fee's means the death of the RA-DB as the route-registry.

VoIP is all well and good, but if you don't have an alternate method
of contacting people besides your (Vo)IP network, you have bigger issues
at hand than the RADB deleting your routing entries due to non-payment.

I for one am an advocate for the "no pay, no change/support" policy - if
you don't pay, then you don't get support (past some basic email support)
and you can't change many/all details. Australia's .com.au space went
that way during the free->paid transition a while back.

My 2c,

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd                                    Systems Engineer
<adrian () ip versatel net>                     Versatel Telecom BV