nanog mailing list archives

Re: IGP Comparison (Summary of Responses)

From: Tony Li <tli () juniper net>
Date: 06 Jan 1999 09:56:51 +0000

SEAN () SDG DRA COM (Sean Donelan) writes:

If you didn't have an installed base, and didn't already know one or
the other, which would you choose?  Or just punt, and use iBGP....

I'm only slightly biased, but...

Having implemented IS-IS; having listened to a certain former IS-IS
implementor gripe greviously about the fun he was having implementing OSPF;
having watched both successful and unsuccesful OSPF implementations;
knowing what I know about both protocols, and given Murphy's tendency to
veer towards complexity, my decision would take less time than an SPF.  ;-)

Tony