nanog mailing list archives

Re: Contact handles disappearing mysteriously from the whois database!

From: John Fraizer <John.Fraizer () EnterZone net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:27:42 -0400

At 05:09 PM 4/27/99 -0500, Kevin Day wrote:

Could all of this have something to do with why the whois database didn't
get updated today, and why I'm receiving the same 'request for confirmation'
emails over and over again? Is anyone else seeing this?

I'm seeing it here.  I've been getting the same ones over and over again
for about a week now.

Also, a domain of mine somehow got it's administrative handle changed from
'KD748' to 'KMD44' (both are me)...

Consider yourself lucky.  Some have had their domains given to other people
by this SNAFU.  Next trend for speculators:  Load up on NIC handles and
just wait for bought-and-paid-for domains to be handed to one of them by
NetSOL.

ML.ORG is gone.  Check out http://www.EZ-IP.Net - It's *FREE*
Get your *FREE* Parked Domain account at http://www.EZ-Hosting.Com
John Fraizer                      |    __   _                 |
The System Administrator          |   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __ | The choice
mailto:John.Fraizer () EnterZone Net |  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / |  of a GNU
http://www.EnterZone.Net/         | /____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\ | Generation
PGP Key fingerprint =  7DB6 1CA2 DAA6 43DA 3AAF  44CD 258C 3D7E B425 81A8