nanog mailing list archives

Re: AGIS Signing up New Spammers

From: <david () sparks net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 08:16:33 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Karl Denninger wrote:

On Mon, Nov 17, 1997 at 03:23:43PM -0800, Vadim Antonov wrote:
Karl Denninger wrote:
Here's the listing from the last TWO HOURS off the top of those logs:

228 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica
193 newsgroup alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc
189 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.oral
175 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.cartoons
151 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.orientals
150 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.breasts
148 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.amateur
146 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.boys
134 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.amateur.female
132 newsgroup alt.binaries.erotica
129 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.female
116 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.panties
115 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.blondes
112 newsgroup alt.binaries.games
108 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.redheads
108 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.female.anal
108 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.bisexuals
107 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.pornstar
105 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.pornstars
105 newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.black.erotic.females
104 newsgroup alt.test.testing
103 newsgroup alt.sex.pictures
102 newsgroup alt.sex.erotica

Any questions?

193 newsgroup alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc is the only one I see that looks
like it meets the criteria you normally spout.

The rest are simply banned because you don't like the idea of carrying
pictures of possibly naked people.

This is getting off-topic for NANOG - I've said my last on the issue here.

Really?  Promise?  That would be really nice.  Perhaps we could get back
to operational issues and take this discussion to alt.prudes?

--- David Miller

                It's *amazing* what one can accomplish when
                    one doesn't know what one can't do!