Metasploit mailing list archives

An extra repository for exploits got by mailinglist

From: lex001 at gmx.de (Dennis Günnewig)
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 20:23:43 +0100

Hi Rhys Kidd,

IMHO, I think the current system works quite well. msf-dev's are happy
to accept contributions or submissions from the user community, and as
has been seen in the past and my own experience, it usually doesn't
take a great deal of time for one to be vetted and included in the SVN
tree if it is of high quality.
ok, i've no experience on this area as i'm a beginner in writing exploits, so at least a bit of a script kiddie today.

Of course nothing stops you from copy'ing in a public submission first
had, giving it a cursory check over to make sure it's not doing
anything odd, etc.

Yes you're right, i've overseen this aspect. Then only one question remains: Do the core developers review every
module/patch before adding it to the
subversion-tree? i would be pleased if one of them answers this question, so that I can add a reference to it in my
essay about the use of msf for
pentesting inside a company.

Anything which might dampen the efforts of these
contributors should be thought about closely..

you're absolutely right!