Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit pen testing questions

From: regence21 at hotmail.com (Regence 21)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 00:56:39 +0000

Thanks for the pointers on ftp and tftp!

It seems like ntlm_auth isn't enabled on the squid server, which explains
why that exploit doesn't work.

The samba target box is running Fedora Core 2 and Samba 2.2.0. smbclient -l
works fine.

When I run the samba_nttrans exploit with a 2.2 brute force target, it does
819 attempts. When I try the Samba Complete brute force it does 1966
attempts. Neither exploit appears to work - it sets up the SMB session,
establishes tree connection ,sends first nttrans component then completes
the range over and over.

samba_trans2open exploit is similar - it tries an endless number of return
addresses and no connection is made. I couldn't see anything obvious in the
samba logs.