Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Digital Destruction Was Worst Imaginable

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 02:44:44 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: Andrew Simmons <andrew () zpok demon co uk>

InfoSec News wrote:
Forwarded from: Brooks Isoldi <bjisoldi () acsu buffalo edu>

I have to agree with Michael.  The various agencies (I believe) were
very much on top of the situation.  I think our government (everyone
from the IC, to the various arms of the federal government, to the
state and finally the city government and Law Enforcement) handled
Sept 11 extroadinarily well. There were also numerous private
citizens who are very much involved with national security and the
intelligence community who did MORE than their fair share of
information dissemination.  Information was able to make it's way
around the nation to the people who needed it quite efficiently
despite the loss of communications throughout almost the entire
tri-state area.

ISN readers may be interested in the post-9/11 threads on the NANOG
mailing list; see for example thread starting :

"What worked - what didn't" (Sean Donelan):
http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/2001-09/msg01255.html

(BTW, I have no NANOG affiliation, I just lurk on the list.)

\a

--
=( Andrew Simmons                                      PGP public key:
=( http://certserver.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFCC8B4AF

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
of the mail.