Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Comcast confirms 250GB cap effective October 1

From: "David Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:29:00 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: James Grimmelmann on behalf of James Grimmelmann
Sent: Thu 8/28/2008 8:40 PM
To: David Farber
Subject: Re: [IP] Comcast confirms 250GB cap effective October 1

Serious question: Why doesn't Comcast tell **all** of its customers
what their monthly usage is?  Customers who aren't anywhere near 250GB
could breathe easier.  Customers who're pushing up against 250GB could
cut back before the Network Police pull them over, rather than after.
Everybody wins.

James