Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: SSH bruteforce on its way...

From: Justin <justinvinn () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:38:55 -0400

Russell,

I know that someone has already provided you with some info, but here
is some more:

http://www.milw0rm.com/id.php?id=26

Thats the gossh.sh exploit. while it is not that reliable, it is a PoC.

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/11781/discuss

Thats a PAM weakness (another timing attack) that enabled remote
attackers to discover valid usernames.

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/7467

Thats another PAM weakness. Its the securityfocus BID for the gossh.sh exploit.

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/7482

Thats a timing attack that may allow a remote attacker to guess the
root/administrative password.

A simple google search like the one posted previously will turn up more info.

peace,
--Justin