Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Proper ISP Reporting

From: "Lyal Collins" <lyal.collins () key2it com au>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:28:27 +1000

Ive had useful outcomes by:
Sending them an email - include the security@, abuse@, sales@, technical@
and info@ addresses (someone should read it from that list)
Include in the email some log extracts - IP address, dates, times and an
assessment of severity (critical, nuisance value etc) - but not too much -
they only need little detail to identify the miscreants, in my experience.
Thanks them for their time and assistance.
The next issue is how does the service provider react, or if they have a
reaction/incident management process at all....

Lyal