Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Handling Scans.

From: Eelco Duijker <e.duijker () ITSEC NL>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:39:58 +0100

Automated mailers connected to snort or tripwire can be handy, but how
are you going to check which IP-addressses are used as a decoy and which
are actual hostile.

Eelco

abel wisman wrote:

This matter is interesting, and i was thinking about it upion reading the
As a shell/web host, the numbers of scans that pass by daily are staggering,
certainly i would like to sit down and write to all isp's about their
'clients" doing this, however time is a elusive artivle nowadays.

Has (in addition to the question already asked) anybody mae (perhaps) a
automated system based on for instance iplog, snort or tripwire, where mail
is generated to do this automatically?

would be an interesting feature

abel wisman
ABLE Towers LLC