Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: SSH2 Exploit?

From: condor () SEKURE ORG (Thiago/c0nd0r)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:42:57 -0200

His machine was not running QPOP, but a simple POP Server, which does not
have any known remote exploitation. It seems to be something with the SSH2
daemon.

Regards,

-condor
www.sekure.org
 s e k u r e

Portal Brasileiro de Seguranca
www.securenet.com.br

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Jonathan A. Zdziarski wrote:

I know the latest qpopper has exploits which is why we use the pre-beta
versions.  I've since wrapped ssh to run from inetd, and prevented any
connections outside of our network.

Thank you,

Jonathan A. Zdziarski
Director - MIS