Honeypots mailing list archives

virtural honeynet question

From: "Angel Avila" <darthspud () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:46:07 -0700

Hey guys, I recently started developing a hybrid virtual honeynet. I am using the KYE: Learning with VMware as a reference. I am currently setting up the vmware 3.2 on my linux box. I have a question pertaining to the following statement on the paper "Thus, we have to run vmware-config.pl again, then using the editor, remove the two unwanted interfaces vmnet0 and vmnet8."

The way I understand it is to run vmware-config.pl for a second time, but then what? Use the vi editor to open vmware-config.pl to remove the interfaces vmnet0 and vmnet8? If so, does any one what part of the script needs to be deleted? Or do I just need to delete the executables vmnet0 and vmnet8 from the /usr/bin folder?

Any help will do.

thanks

angel

Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers! http://shopping.msn.com/softcontent/softcontent.aspx?scmId=1418