Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: virtural honeynet question

From: "Faiz Ahmad Shuja" <faiz () honeynet org pk>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:47:03 +0500

You don't need to edit or delete any file. Just run the vmware-config.pl
again and perform the following steps:

Answers are in [bracket]

Would you like to skip networking setup and keep your old settings as
they are?
(yes/no) [no]

Do you want networking for your virtual machines? (yes/no/help) [yes]

Would you prefer to modify your existing networking configuration using
the
wizard or the editor? (wizard/editor/help) [editor]

The following virtual networks have been defined:

. vmnet0
. vmnet1
. vmnet8

Do you wish to make any changes to the current virtual networks
settings?
(yes/no) [yes]

Which virtual network do you wish to configure? (0-99) [0]

The network vmnet0 has been reserved for a bridged network.  You may
change it,
but it is highly recommended that you use it as a bridged network.  Are
you sure
you want to modify it? (yes/no) [yes]

What type of virtual network do you wish to set vmnet0?
(bridged,hostonly,nat,none) [none]

Perform same steps for vmnet8 and all done.

Regards,
Faiz