funsec mailing list archives

Re: Amazon customer service

From: Brian Greer <viridiancube () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:11:09 -0400

Even if Amazon's "terms of service" say they can do this, it isn't necessarily legal and proper until upheld by a court
of law.

On Oct 23, 2012, at 12:27 PM, Jim Murray <jim () digitaldaemons co uk> wrote:

I'm no lawyer but I'd have thought there would be a clear distinction in law between purchases and rentals.

Last I looked anywhere on amazon the word BUY was used, clearly indicating a sale, not a rental.

Amazon can close any account it likes anytime it likes and for any reason it likes... what it can't do is take away
things you already bought and paid for.

We have a word for that..... theft.

Jim

Sent from Samsung Mobile