funsec mailing list archives

Re: Amazon customer service

From: "Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec)" <michael.blanchard () emc com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 16:35:10 +0000

ToS's have been shot down in the courts when they've been confronted, not always but they have been.  NOTHING prevents
you from suing for any reason, even if you have an iron-clad contract...  whether or not you'll be successful, that's a
different story  ;-)

 I would go to the press, I'd make the biggest stink that I possibly could....  loudly and publicly...  the liberal
media just LOVES stories like these...   "little person against giant corporation" would be the byline....  I would
mention in those interviews that I'm thinking about suing.... I'd get the EFF involved and anyone else that will listen
and help make my story loud and public....

 By the sound of it she had thousands of dollars worth of books on there....

 I stand by what I said... I will never, nor any of my family members ever, purchase a Kindle, period....  I had no
idea that they *could* remotely wipe my device....  once I buy a device it's mine to do what I wish with it... that
might be using it as designed, or using my conventional item in an unconventional manner :-)

 Mike B

Michael P. Blanchard
Senior Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
32 Coslin Drive
Southboro, MA 01772