funsec mailing list archives

Re: Adopting the Israeli Airport Security Model

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 17:01:55 -0500

It's a question of scale, like I said in my post. El Al puts huge
resources into airport security and they're small. Put proportionate
resources in for the US as a whole and airport security becomes 12% of
GDP. That's the basic argument.

He specifically says that their model doesn't scale, meaning that
resources dedicated to security will rise in proportion to the passenger
load.

Larry Seltzer
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry_seltzer () ziffdavis com