funsec mailing list archives

Re: British Television

From: buford () greenjeans net
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 00:02:23 -0500 (CDT)

I remember Sunday nights watching the local PBS station WTTW in Chicago in the late 70's and early 80's and seeing the
three of the best shows produced in the UK:

Monty Python at 10pm
Dave Allen at 10:30pm
Dr. Who (no commercials - 1 1/2 hours long, woot!) at 11pm.

Monday mornings at school were blurry affairs...

I never see anything about Dave Allen at Large any more... it was some seriously funny stuff sometimes.  I remember at
least three stories about how he lost the top of one of his index fingers.