funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian Television

From: Rob Thompson <my.security.lists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 20:35:48 -0700

Trailerpark Boys is rather entertaining when you're killing a few brain
cells.

Gadi Evron wrote:
Chris Boyd wrote:
On Jun 9, 2009, at 5:01 PM, Ned Fleming wrote:

Canadian TV? Utterly unremarkable, like watching snow fall.
No, not entirely (and I'm not Canadian either).

Early "Red Green" episodes are hilarious, but the later ones just
cover too much of the same ground.  The segments where Red Green
builds or repairs something are the best, IMO.  "If the women don't
find you handsome they should at least find you handy."

There's also a show that aired in the US as "The Industry" that's sort
of like (but predates) "The Office" but it covers the infighting in a
company that produces a TV show.

Canadian scifi makes me want to kill myself, but they have nice
cooperation with Germany which means nudity (Lexx). ;)

The show I like most from .CA recently is Flashpoint. It's scripted so
that every episode evokes emotion in me the same exact way, but I love
it anyway.

      Gadi.

--
Rob