funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian Television

From: Damian Gerow <dgerow () afflictions org>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 21:41:45 -0400

Thus spake Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> [Wed, 10 Jun 2009 01:47:59 +0300]:
: > There's also a show that aired in the US as "The Industry" that's sort
: > of like (but predates) "The Office" but it covers the infighting in a
: > company that produces a TV show.
:
: Canadian scifi makes me want to kill myself, but they have nice
: cooperation with Germany which means nudity (Lexx). ;)
:
: The show I like most from .CA recently is Flashpoint. It's scripted so
: that every episode evokes emotion in me the same exact way, but I love
: it anyway.

It's hard to not talk (current) Canadian TV without at least mentioning
Corner Gas.  A shame that it's done now, but I'm glad they stopped filming
when they ran out of ideas.

I can't say the same for Little Mosque On The Prairie.  Never did understand
the appeal of that one...