funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Privacy is dead; Just ask the president

From: Shyaam <shyaam () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 14:08:29 -0400

That is true and a very well known fact that, privacy is used as an
imaginary blanket (unlike atmosphere which is blanket of earth) and it
creates a secured feeling in people's imagination. It is something that
gives the port of entry for the terrorists. It is something that people
believed once that it is their own, but is being taken by someone else
unknowingly.

"If you know that you are a stupid, you have chances to correct it. But if
you are stupid without a conscience, there is no possibility for
correction." Similarly, privacy is something that is lost in both ways and
people will never understand that, as the government tries only to cover up
shits instead of protecting good stuff.

Loss in the privacy is shown in terms of Data files or SSN ID's. But the
real loss is not just the cost to remake such ID's, but allowing bad people
to enter into the country with Fake ID's and ultimately loosing the country
itself.

Imagine, there is atleast a million records lost on an average per
year>(Correct me if I am wrong). In that million records, cant some group of
people even use 1 percent of it, which is 10,000. Forget 10,000. Imagine
0.001 % which makes it 10 Intruders to enter into the nation.  Security is
not just in THEORETICAL aspects, but also in implementation and practical
stuff. If 10 intruder's can come in 1 yr, imagine how many years would it
take for them to gather around and plot something that could be dangerous
enough to cause a history of bad things.

Instead of conquering other nations and gaining more money in war, Instead
of NOT taxing/aka Vetoing the taxes from Tobacco and increasing the tax on
poor people, Instead of concentrating on OUTSOURCING and allowing other
countries to enjoy the TAX money, concentrate on something that protects
yourself "GOVERNMENT".

DHS was created to increase security. They are insecure in so many ways.
They loose records, they publish wrong bulletins and withdraws them and
reinitiates them. How much of money is wasted in all these stuff? They loose
records of people, they loose people's forms that are submitted for Green
card or Citizenship. If this department is built for securing the nation
from the terrorism, then imagine the efficiency of all other agencies. They
all do well in kidnapping people and initiating plans on how to bring other
nations down, but why not concentrate on protecting the NATION instead.

Everything is interlinked. So I thought of taking sometime in addressing
them. I am sure that different people have different opinions and we will be
seeing that in the responses to this email, if someone is going to respond.

Kind Regards,
Shyaam