funsec mailing list archives

Re: old news - but not here

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:10:24 -0500

On 9/12/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

As comparisons between other non-insane countries go, there really
isn't much comparison in this regard. France may have public nude
beaches, but the US does have them as well - they're generally just
private.

Um - your public nude beaches are private ...

Yeah, poorly constructed sentence. But, I think you get it...

The whole point is that the French have a different standard of acceptable
public nudity from you Americans. How can you say that's bad?

I don't think its bad - I think we're uptight over here. The French do
have rules though, don't they? Thats not any different from here.

And how can
you say that it's bad that Iran has a different standard of acceptable
public nudity?

Iran's "public nudity" laws only restrict women. And "public nudity"
is a stretch. I think you find it hard to defend Iran on this... :)

Some folks just don't want to see breasts hanging out in public. I
don't understand it, but its the law (most of the time ;).

So how come your tolerance doesn't extend to the Iranians not wanting to
see exposed female faces in public?

So you think they have free elections and therefore they CHOSE to have
those laws? If that were the case, I wouldn't have an issue...