funsec mailing list archives

Re: Delicious Irony of the Day: BillOReilly.com DDoS'd

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 19:21:39 -0600

On 3/10/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

> What monopoly?

I'm guessing that he's referring to the Microsoft monopoly of desktop
systems, which means that botnets have become a major problem.

See, I wouldn't dare to guess. When I'm at work I set at three
different desktops, Sun, Windows and Linux. In my home we have
Windows, Linux and a Mac (ugh).

Hardly seems to be a monopoly - unless of course jealousy of success
constitutes a monopoly.

> And before you answer, tell us what you're running on
> the machine you're typing from.

Linux.

Perhaps you didn't know that a "Monopoly" doesn't mean that the vendor has
100% of the market?

You're right. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly

There can be only one...

> What's wrong with capitalism - other than its American and you hate America?

Nothing, but that's probably because it isn't American, it's British.

That seems debatable...when the US decisded property was an
inalienable right, their cousins in the UK were still bowing to a
king.

And
I don't hate America

I wasn't speaking to you, though I'm glad you've shared, twice now.
Too bad the person I was speaking to failed to respond the first
time...we'll have to see what happens this time.