funsec mailing list archives

Re: Delicious Irony of the Day: BillOReilly.com DDoS'd

From: Jordan Wiens <numatrix () ufl edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:41:45 -0500

Brian Loe wrote:
On 3/9/07, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

Of course not, lighten up.

I just find irony in the fact that someone as divisive as O'Reilly
was targeted -- it was bound to happen.

Because only liberal punks do such things?

I agree that he's divisive in that he rarely agrees with any one line,
and he's pretty stubborn. I personally don't care for him much...

I thought the ironic part was:

"We had to take the site down in order to protect it, and so we could make sure that every possible countermeasure was being taken"

See, we had to take our website offline. To protect it. From the attack that was trying to take it offline.

I know it's not an unusual response, but I still find it ironic.

--
Jordan Wiens, CISSP
UF Network Security Engineer