funsec mailing list archives

RE: Finn Takes Gold at Mobe Throwing Contest

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:12:09 -0400

 heheh... Those old phones must be heavier than the max allowed 400grams.  There is a stipulation that the phone must
be between 200 - 400grams.

  Now that you mention those old flip phones, my wife used to have one of them, I wonder if we still have it
somewhere.... Pretty sure that got tossed out though....

  Maybe removing the battery will bring it into the weight range?  If you send it, I'll throw it ;-)  I'll consider
having the wife tape it too.... But something this absurd usually has my wife looking at me like I have three heads
<grin>.

 Nothing bigger than that flip phone though... I really don't want to hurt myself trying to throw one of those old bag
phones 50 yards or more...

  I think my little test yesterday is enough to say that I couldn't get to 89meters though and it just originally
sounded shorter than it is.  We really need a ball player to try and throw that phone though.  Anyone a BaseBall player
and wanna try throwing a flipphone as far as they can?

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580