funsec mailing list archives

RE: Finn Takes Gold at Mobe Throwing Contest

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:56:16 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 Blanchard_Michael () emc com wrote:

 heheh... Those old phones must be heavier than the max allowed
400grams.  There is a stipulation that the phone must be between 200 -
400grams.

  Now that you mention those old flip phones, my wife used to have one
of them, I wonder if we still have it somewhere.... Pretty sure that got
tossed out though....

  Maybe removing the battery will bring it into the weight range?  If
you send it, I'll throw it ;-)  I'll consider having the wife tape it
too.... But something this absurd usually has my wife looking at me like
I have three heads <grin>.

 Nothing bigger than that flip phone though... I really don't want to
hurt myself trying to throw one of those old bag phones 50 yards or
more...

  I think my little test yesterday is enough to say that I couldn't get
to 89meters though and it just originally sounded shorter than it is.
We really need a ball player to try and throw that phone though.
Anyone a BaseBall player and wanna try throwing a flipphone as far as
they can?

I used to play cricket. The arm action is different, though.