funsec mailing list archives

Re: why Senator Stevens is right on Net Neutrality

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 20:33:57 +0100 (BST)

If you think that letting businesses police themselves is a valid
option, then nothing I can say will change your mind. Enjoy your
electric car, secure operating systems, and cancer cures.

You can buy an electric car if you want to, there's operating systems
which are a lot more secure than other operating systems (maybe 100%
security isn't actually desirable) and although cancer is a big scary
word, the fact is that:

A) I'm pretty sure that you'll eventually die of something, and
B) the cure rate for cancer is currently around 50%

And all of the above comes to you courtesy of businesses policing
themselves and market forces.