funsec mailing list archives

RE: EU Promotes Continent-Wide Censorship

From: "Young, Keith" <Keith.Young () montgomerycountymd gov>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 19:42:00 -0400

We've had a constitution for several hundred years. Magna Carta, for
example, was 1215.

Hmm... when did you get rid of slavery?

Brian, I wouldn't argue on that point. Many people don't know that Lincoln wanted to free the slaves as part of a
strategic military move -- thousands and thousands of slaves who were located behind Confederate lines and armed with
farming tools. The Emancipation Proclamation made for a great army in case a war started (which it did a month later).

Wait, wait. You mean there's parts of America where people aren't allowed
to play poker with their friends?

Correct.

Good grief. How on earth can you justify that?

Playing poker is fine. It is the gambling for profit that isn't (unless it is State sanctioned and the State gets its
own cut).

It's about time we declared war on Foo.

No, I think that we need war against Bar.

New Yorkers don't even know that you exist, if you're outside New York.

I can not and will not argue that statement. In fact, I might see it
as a black and white truth.

Heck, my in-laws are from New York; I agree whole-heartly with Dr. Solly.

--Keith

Keith Young, Security Official
Department of Technology Services
Montgomery County, Maryland