funsec mailing list archives

Re: our jabber - where are YOU?

From: Paul Vixie <paul () vix com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 04:15:47 +0000

# Right.
#
# There's an "Account" tab, where I've put in
# ryanlrussell () jabber tisf net, guessing at the format, and looking at a
# web page about Adium/Jabber.  It also wants a password, which I don't
# know or don't have yet.
#
# On the "Personal" tab, there's an Alias field, and I've entered
# ryanlrussell .
#
# On the "Options" tab, I've got this:
#
# Connect Server: jabber.tisf.net
# Resource: Adium
# Port: 5222
# And I've got "Use TLS" checked.
#
# Those seem to be all the relevant fields.
#
# When I try to connect, it wants a password.  If I leave it blank, it
# doesn't connect.  If I type anything, it's wrong of course.

i've created your login manually.  most jabber clients have a "create my
account for me" checkbox somewhere in the login UI.  i thought that included
adium.  anyway i'll send you your initial password under separate cover.