funsec mailing list archives

Re: our jabber - where are YOU?

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:59:44 -0800

Fergie wrote:
May not 'pop-up' -- just type the server name in anyways. :-)

Right.

There's an "Account" tab, where I've put in ryanlrussell () jabber tisf net, guessing at the format, and looking at a web page about Adium/Jabber. It also wants a password, which I don't know or don't have yet.

On the "Personal" tab, there's an Alias field, and I've entered ryanlrussell .

On the "Options" tab, I've got this:

Connect Server: jabber.tisf.net
Resource: Adium
Port: 5222
And I've got "Use TLS" checked.

Those seem to be all the relevant fields.

When I try to connect, it wants a password. If I leave it blank, it doesn't connect. If I type anything, it's wrong of course.

                                        BB