funsec mailing list archives

RE: Re: Malware sharing? People are full of shit [was: Getyour computer viruses here!]

From: "Randy Abrams" <abrams () eset com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:24:43 -0800

I don't think that muddies anything. We have seen lots and lots of script
kiddy attacks from publicly posted crap, and we have seen the talented bad
guys create their own stuff without reusing code. If a bad guy has a target
he's going to make sure he uses something they won't detect.

The bad guys are already using the alternatives.

Cheers,

Randy