Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: What the f*** is going on?

From: jf <jf () ownco net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:31:30 -0500

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 05:24:39PM -0800, Michal Zalewski wrote:
If it did for Google, you're either mistaken, [...]

Huh, what? Where did that come from?

I would generally appreciate if we refrain from dragging it employers,
business contacts, etc, into what amounts to an exchange of personal
opinions.

all apologies, that was not my intent in the least-- referencing the public portion of the aurora stuff, which is part
of the myth I thought you were referencing. I wasn't actua
lly trying to get you to comment on anything employer related, just assuming you drew your experience that formed the
basis of the opinion.

However, calling it an all out myth is misleading, and saying it's because contractors are pushing a myth is just
wrong.

My point is roughly this:
http://lcamtuf.blogspot.com/2011/02/give-me-give-me-p-give-me-t.html

Fair enough; and I would agree with what all you had to say there. Something to note is that I've never held a
clearance, sometimes they need to come up with terms for communicating with the 'unclean' who is doing the work, thus
terms like APT are born. If I had to tie down the A somewhere, I'd probably couple it with some of the social aspects--
like having phd level scientists available for the early stages of your phishing attacks.