Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Congratulations Andrew

From: Christian Sciberras <uuf6429 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 00:22:37 +0200

Disillusioning oneself about freedom is getting old. You see, your
(proposed) perception of freedom is nothing less then the result of what you
call oppression.
Since nowadays a call-to-arms is as easy as calling the local news agency, I
very much doubt the randomness ("freedom") of your choice - ie; you got hurt
and tried crying in the hope of something positive happens.

As to "real computer research", please define or specify what you mean by
broad statements. I would assume that by "real computer research <snip> [by]
youths" you mean a "clan" which shares "cheats" on how to get into systems -
hardly professional, and what today many are labeling as "script kiddy
stuff".

There's a reason why they're "demonizing" [this behavior], which is because
it doesn't help at all.
Let's compare getting into some system as the same as getting into a bank
vault.
You could ask a bank to simulate a robbery and at the very least, return
what you stole.
Happens those "youth hackers" don't return what they stole.

For instance, do I really need to print 2k pages of emails for proving a
vulnerability?
We're talking about a freakin 2000 pages worth of emails. The affected
company can't trust the hackers even if it wanted.
But wait a second, we're talking about underground hackers which would share
emails but not divulge it. OK. Right.

Lastly, as I already said, an illegal activity doesn't give me the right to
commit a (possibly) even worse one.
So as a hacker do I get the right to sell and make use of illegal drugs?

Case closed.