Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Chargebacks and credit card frauds

From: Steven Anders <anderstev () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:36:16 -0700

Thanks Andrew for the suggestion.
Yes, it does make sense to do all the checks you described. These days, as
manual process, we just make a phone call and do a follow-up email.
We ask for a copy of the credit card to be faxed and a proof of ID. Many
times the fraudsters do a reply with very "bad English"  - sometimes it is
funny.
And you're right - a lot of the orders are placed on non working hours.