Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: **LosseChange::Debunk it??**

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:26:32 -0500

Pete Simpson wrote:
You have confirmed that the data are correct, you have no way to attack
the principles, so where is the logical error? Be very precise.

Pete, are you even reading what I wrote? A building the size of the twin towers would fall to the ground in under 10 seconds, per the standard calculations that, as you say, any high school student would know.

How much more precise do I need to be? Your calculations are incorrect by an order of ten. Instead of 90+ seconds, the answer is 9.0+ - IOW, precisely the same amount of time it took for the buildings to actually fall.

Furthermore, you have a logical fallacy in your argument, because you are insisting that a controlled demolition collapse would be faster than an accidental collapse. Which part of the equation tells you that? Objects faill at 32 feet per second per second. The *cause* of the fall is irrelevant.

Now, you're obviously wedded to this believe of yours that the government conspired to collapse the buildings. Why is irrelevant. But until you can deal with the facts staring you in the face, there isn't much point in continuing this discussion.

BTW, there's no need to cc me on your posts.  I can read the list just fine.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer