Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Insecurity in Finnish parlament (computers)

From: "Olli Haukkovaara" <cruzan () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:48:00 +0200

Well, what comes to detecting the state of encryption in GSM networks
with Nokia Network Monitor, you must remember that
 - if there's no call in progress, it claims that there's no
encryption on even there really is encryption on in GSM network
- and that Nokia Network Monitor is not reliable, it's known to give
false positives
So if someone claims that encryption is off just by detecting it with
Nokia Network Monitor, don't trust him/her.

Especially if the source is MuroBBS... ;-)

Olli