Full Disclosure mailing list archives

re: Insecurity in Finnish parlament (computers)

From: Markus Jansson <markus.jansson () hushmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 00:40:59 +0200

Olli Haukkovaara cruzan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 08:52:01 GMT 2006
>Or can someone point me some GSM base station model that supports A5/3
>? At least I googled a lot, but could not find any...

Its not about base stations. The encryption/decryption is not done in base stations, but in message centers. Sometimes, true, they are located in same spot. But they are still not the same thing, but two different components of the GSM network.

BTW. Talking about insecurity of Finnish parlament and TeliaSonera:s GSM, take a look at these (sorry, only in Finnish) latest issues about TeliaSonera having no idea about security whatsoever. Luckily, they are moving to their GSM:s on Elisa networks... :)
http://www.digitoday.fi/showPage.php?page_id=14&news_id=53413
http://www.digitoday.fi/showPage.php?page_id=14&news_id=53434

--
My computer security & privacy related homepage
http://www.markusjansson.net